Conference Date11-15 October 2021
Conference LocationOnline (Virtual)
Breakout/tutorial submission deadline10th Sept 2021
Talk abstract submission deadline10th Sept 2021
Notification of acceptance17th Sept 2021
COMBINE Forum11-15 Oct 2021
The “Computational Modeling in Biology” Network (COMBINE) is an initiative to coordinate the development of the various community standards and formats in systems biology and related fields. COMBINE 2021 will be a workshop-style online event with oral presentations, breakout sessions and tutorials. The five meeting days will include talks about the COMBINE standards and associated or related standardization efforts, presentations of tools using these standards, breakout sessions for detailed discussions as well as tutorials.
COMBINE 2021 will be an online (virtual) meeting from October 11th (Monday) to October 15th (Friday). It will provide a schedule which takes into account all time zones around the world, a real 24 hour conference. The meeting will be free of charge.
Registration for the meeting is open and is free. Please register at the link below as soon as possible. This will help us plan the schedule and match your interests to the timing of the breakouts, etc.
We solicit high-quality abstracts, to be refereed by the COMBINE Coordinators, for online presentation at the Workshop. Abstracts will appear on the COMBINE website only, there will be no formal publication.
All attendees can suggest breakout sessions for detailed discussions of certain aspects of one or several of the COMBINE standard(s), discussions on metadata and semantic annotations (format-specific or overarching), discussions on the application and implementations of the COMBINE standards, or any other topic relevant for the COMBINE community. The topics for those breakout sessions, and the time slots which would suit their communities can be submitted at the link below.
If there are tutorials on tools, standards or resources (or any other topic) which would be relevant for the COMBINE community (see Topics of Interest below), these can be proposed as tutorials
The COMBINE 2020 virtual meeting is organised by the COMBINE coordinators.
Topics of Interest
- Data exchange, pipelines and model standards for systems and synthetic biology
- Visualization and graphical notation standards for systems and synthetic biology
- Standards for sharing and analysing biological pathway data
- Standards for computational biological models and modelling support
- Metadata description and model annotation in COMBINE standard formats
- Implementation of COMBINE standards in tools, databases and other resources
- Integrated model and data management for systems and synthetic biology
- Standardization of Artificial Intelligence approaches in biological modelling
- Emerging standardization needs and multicellular modeling
- Community aspects of COMBINE